Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Huion DWH69 Review (Part 1)

Newegg had a great deal on the Huion DWH69 Wireless graphics tablet I purchased one and received it yesterday. . I have a small Bamboo tablet, but never got used to it (for sale, comment if interested).

Seems that lately some of the Asian companies have spent a little more time and effort on packaging. Huion is no different. The tablet came in a sturdy two piece box. Inside, it was cleverly arranged in various compartments. A very nice presentation.

I began with my laptop. I downloaded and installed the latest driver for the unit from Huion's website. I like the way they set that up to. They use OneDrive and share the driver files. If you have a OneDrive account you can copy the file to your storage area, or you can just download it. Pretty cool.

After installing the driver I attached the unit via USB cable and immediately the tablet/pen combination behaved as a mouse. I don't have Photoshop on my laptop so I opened Krita. Sure enough, you can draw with the pen! I am not a big Krita user (yet) so I don't know much about it or what you can do with it. Huion says it does not support Krita. I guess this means that the pen pressure functionality doesn't work among other things. This appeared to be the case. But I could draw.

It will take some time to get used to the two buttons on the pen which function as the two buttons on a typical mouse. They worked as expected. The pen is quite comfy to use.

That's as far as I got on Day 1. Next I will install the tablet on my desktop and give it a try with Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment