Monday, June 29, 2015

Image Transfer/Lift Look with Grafix Rub-onZ


I purchased 4 sheets of Grafix Rub-onZ with the intention of transferring a cone flower image to a piece of wood. I followed the directions but was surprised to find that when I put the film on the board and rubbed - nothing happened. I was trying to attached the non-sticky side to the wood. At this point, I gave up with the idea of using wood and wondered how I could make this work for paper. I coated a 5x7 matte card with Jade PVA glue and placed the film down on the paper. I rubbed with a bone folder to get as many of the air bubbles out as possible. I let it sit for a while. Then I peeled off the outer film exposing the sticky side. At this point, I thought I realized what I had done wrong. As I was peeling off the film, there were some tears and scratches - I liked the way it looked. The question was how to counter the sticky side up? I decided to try coating it with Jade PVA. This worked perfectly. The resulting image looks a lot like some of my emulsion lifts and I am happy with the results. I have repeated this process three times now. Actually, I have yet to use the Grafix Rub-onZ correctly.

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment