Monday, May 25, 2015

Review of Panasonic Lumix Vario 14-140mm f/4.0-5.8 Aspherical Lens for Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount Systems

I had a Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/4-5.6 lens. Somehow, my camera and lens got knocked off the table. The camera was fine, the lens was not. So it was an opportunity to get a new lens! I wanted something a little wider - cause I wanted this to be my street lens. I found the Lumix 14-140mm and I really like it. First of all, it appears to be metal (unlike the Oly). Yes it is bigger and heavier, but not too bad on the OMD-EM1. I think the image quality is very good. Focus is very fast. I have used it with extenders with good results. It is an outdoor lens. Interior shots need to be well lit or use a flash. At twice the cost of the Oly 40-150mm - I think it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment