Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Scanning Sofware - Paper Scan Free

I have been using PaperScan Free for awhile. I like the ease of use and functionality. However, in a recent update, They have added a splash screen about purchasing the pro version. I am ok with that. Only about 1/3 of the buttons to close the window are showing on my computer. I run Windows 7 and have not had this problem with any other software. When I use PaperScan Free, I have to click one of the buttons - don't know what it says - but I guessing it's about going to their website, because that's where I end up. After that the splash screen will go away. Really irritating. They have disabled the "X" on the splash screen, so you can't just close it.

I just remembered that FastStone Image Viewer has a twain interface. Think I'll switch to that and ditch the PaperScan Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment